Close-up of female hands holding mobile phone and save her photos in My cloud while working at wooden table with laptop notepad and digital camera.
Is your Android Smartphone lagging? Has it started freezing without any warning? One common solution we know is to perform a factory reset on your device. But you can not perform it because you will end up erasing all your data including your contacts, music, pictures, and messages.
To avoid this situation, the best option is to back up your Android phone to PC. After transferring the data to your PC, you can reset your phone and transfer your data back to the PC.
Even if that is not the case, sometimes you may want to move your files elsewhere for safekeeping so you don’t lose them when something happens to your device.
Now let us explain to you the best ways to back up your Android phone to PC. All the steps are easy and can be easily executed in very little time.
How to Back Up Your Android Phone to PC
For feeling files keep safe, the best option is to transfer them to your PC for backup protection. It can be done in three ways – USB and Bluetooth and some third-party apps. You can use these methods on your Windows PC or laptop.
How to Back Up Your Android Phone to a Windows PC via USB
If you want your Android Phone to PC, a USB cord is one of the most common and easiest ways to carry out the performed task. You can go through the following steps to share your files with a Windows computer.
- Take your Android smartphone and connect one end of the USB cable and another end to your computer.
- Go to the Notifications panel and scroll down to the USB connectivity option, then Tap on the Charging Via USB button.
- Then move to “Use USB for” and then choose File Transfer.4
- Find and click the file explorer on your Windows PC -> Scroll down to your device’s name and click to open -> Choose the files you want to backup and copy them to the PC.
- After sharing the files, eject your smartphone from the PC. To do this, head to the taskbar and click on the “Safe to Remove” button. Round up by removing the USB plug from the computer and Andriod phone.
How to Back Up Your Android Phone to a PC via Bluetooth (Windows 10)
If you don’t have a USB cable at the moment, then you can switch to this option. This method is quite slow compared to the previous method. It is also one of the good ways to back up your Android phone to PC without losing any important information.
Here are the steps to backing up your Android smartphone to PC via Bluetooth.
- From the Settings icon of your smartphone -> Click on the Connections option and then activate the Bluetooth -> Return to the previous screen and turn on the Phone Visibility.
- Then on your PC, click on the Start Button and choose Settings -> Scroll to Devices and choose Bluetooth -> Find your Andriod smartphone’s name and tap the Pair option to connect both devices ( the smartphone and computer)
- Then, Choose the files and tap the Share icon and select the Bluetooth icon and share all your important files and documents to your computer.
Note: Unless you have ample of time, this is not at all a wise option to go for.
How to Back Up Your Android Phone to a PC via Third-Party Apps like Xender
Apart from the basic features available in your Android smartphones such as USB and Bluetooth, you can also use third-party apps to back up your Android phone to PC. For sharing data, Xender is one of the most popular apps available in the market to get your job done quickly. The best thing about Xender is that it doesn’t need an internet connection to work.
If you want to know how to back up your Andriod phone to PC via an app, use the following steps.
- To get started, download and install the Xender app on your Android smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Profile photo on the app after downloading it and then choose Connect to PC to get started.
- Log on to http://web.xender.com/ on your PC.
- Use your phone, through which you want to share your data, to scan the QR code that appears on your computer screen.
- After a successful connection, choose the folder option on the Xender menu bar.
- Tap on the Upload file option to send files from your Android phone to PC.
These are the three ways that you can back up your Andriod phone to PC. But if you want to send the files quickly, use the USB option or Xender app. We hope that you find this guide useful in keeping your files safe.
If you have any questions let us know in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading.