Health and fitness help a person live a good and healthy life. Often due to various pressures at personal and professional level, we tend to ignore our health. This makes our body suffer and we catch up with lifestyle and other diseases. It is the fitness level of our body which helps us fight these diseases. If we are fit we are able to overcome these diseases or else we end up being victims of a modern lifestyle.
Definition and Relation:
Health and fitness are interrelated to each other. We need to be fit to have a healthy body. Similarly, if we are healthy we shall naturally be attracted towards maintaining the fitness of our body. Health is the state of our body at a given time. We may not have any disease but still, have a weak body which is ready to be targeted by a number of bacteria and viruses.
For instance, we may have a tendency to catch a cold easily. This does not definitely mean that we are not healthy. It means that our fitness levels are not in accordance with our age and the climatic conditions we live in. it all depends on our health which in turn is dependent on our fitness levels. So health and fitness move together.
Two types of fitness levels at the same age:
the fitness level is the state of our body based on our age, climatic conditions we live in, our lifestyle and our working conditions. One can see people having great fitness levels even in older age. For example, every morning in different parks you can two types of old people. One who is just meditating and sitting at one quietly enjoying the fresh air while the others who are jogging or walking briskly on tracks. They can even compete with the young people on the track. These are two types of fitness levels at the same age. It is all about how to fit we keep ourselves.
Moreover, you can see young people who are not able to climb stairs and tend to get tired easily. It is all because of their low levels of fitness that they are not able to keep good health. They are less fit as compared to other people of their age who keep themselves fit. The people who keep themselves fit keep their body healthy. So fitness levels decide the quality of our health.
How to maintain Health and Fitness:
It is important for everyone to devote some time to health and fitness. There are some activities which everyone should do in their daily lives. For instance, we must exercise daily irrespective of our age and working style. There are different levels of exercises for different age groups and we must do them as per our own health and age. Exercise keeps our healthy and fit. It keeps our body moving. Our muscles tend to contract if we do not make good use of them. Regular exercise stops them from contracting and improves our energy levels as well. One must devote at least some of the day for exercises.
Similarly, walking for some time in a day is a must for all. In fact, walking is considered the best exercise and is suited to all ages and fitness levels. It is important for maintaining health and fitness.
- Additionally apart from walking and exercises, it is also important to relax our body.
- Therefore we should have at least six to eight hours of sleep every day.
- It is necessary to maintain proper levels of health and fitness.
- Moreover, it also helps in improving our immune system and prevents us from a number of diseases as well.
- Also, it helps in keeping us calm and relaxes our mind. This, in turn, reduces our stress and gives us new goals of health and fitness.
- Food plays a vital role in maintaining health and fitness of our body.
- Our body absorbs nutrients from the food we eat. So we do not eat proper food our body does not get the required nutrients.
- This lowers the levels of health and fitness of our body and we are prone to a number of diseases. Therefore health experts usually say that we become what we eat.
So, in order to remain healthy and fit we must have a proper diet which contains the required amount of carbohydrates, fats, vitamin, proteins and minerals. We should eat vegetables and fruits as they provide us with the required vitamins and minerals. Milk provides us calcium which is essential for our bones. Additionally, we must stay away from junk food. Junk food contains excess amounts of carbohydrates and fats which get accumulated in our body and make us fat. The excess weight of our body makes us lazy and we catch up diseases more easily.
We must respect the body God has given us and take care of it in a good manner. We must neglect ourselves for the sake of work and other activities in our life. It is important to understand that we can perform our duties in life properly only we pay attention to the health and fitness levels of our body. Otherwise, although we may want to do something but our body may not support us. Hence we may not able to achieve our goals in life.
- It is not necessary to be an athlete to have a good body. Every person in the world needs to have a healthy and fit body so as to stay away from disease and have a long and healthy life.
- Moreover, we must remember our importance for our families and society.
- If we suffer from diseases, our family members also get troubled. It affects their health and fitness as well.
The only way to have a healthy body is to ensure the proper fitness levels of our body. That is why even in schools so much of importance is given to the health and fitness levels of students. If we keep our body fit, we can enjoy life in a better manner.