Inverters are categorized into three types according to their working principle such as Pure Sine Wave, Modified Sine Wave and Square Wave.
Pure Sine Wave and modified sine wave Inverters are suitable for heavy loads like laptops, microwaves, mixer grinders and TVs. However, they are costlier. Square Wave Inverters the cheapest but suited for only basic power back requirements like fans and lights.
Capacity is measured in Volt-Amp (VA). The basic thumb rule is – large the capacity, higher the number of appliances it can provide power back up simultaneously. It represents how many devices and how many hours it can provide power continuously.
Inverter Battery Size
Battery is the main part of an inverter as it stores the power required for the backup. It is better to go for a larger capacity if you want maximum hours of backup.
Now keeping all these factors in mind lets see the best inverters in India and we will specify all the feature and specifications which will make your choice crystal clear.
Best Inverters In India
- 1) Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home UPS Inverter best inverter in india
- 2) V-Guard Prime 1150 UPS Inverter best inverter for home
- 3) Microtek UPS Hybrid Inverter best inverters in india
- 4) Luminous 2 Kva UPS Inverter
- 5) Amaron Hi Back Up Pure Sine Wave UPS
1. Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home UPS Inverter – best inverter in india
When we think of India’s most intelligent home UPS , only one name comes to mind i.e. Luminous Zelio UPS. It has all the modern features such as safety, protection and usability. This product is a pure digital sine-wave type of inverter in which you can use it for high powered appliances or for running multiple devices. Best Inverters In India
Sine-Wave output of the inverter keeps the sensitive appliances safe. This inverter uses a single battery system (supports up to 200 AH) with 756 Watts / 900 VA rated power. With this inverter, you can run the load of 3 CFL, 3 ceiling fan, 3 tube lights, 1 television & 1 air cooler/refrigerator during power outages.
Maximum battery backup on this inverter is 5 hours but it also depends the number of devices running under inverter.Its dimensions are 35 x 35 x 19 cm and weighs 10.8 kg. And it also has 2 years on-site warranty.
Key Features –
- Noiseless Operation: The inverter operates without any noise due to low harmonic distortion.
- LED Display: It clearly displays the power back-up status and battery charging time in hours and minutes.
- Fast Charging: The pure sine-wave output will make this inverter a highly efficient and thereby help you to save on electricity bills. It’s maximum charging current is 15 amperes.
- Bypass Switch: This feature will allow the inverter to supply continuous output from the main electric grid in case of home UPS faults (ECO mode)
- Battery Water Level Maintenance: Stay hassle free with the battery electrolyte level indicator. It glows/alerts you whenever the battery require water top-up.
- Protection: Provides protection against overload, short circuit, deep discharge, reverse polarity and input mains through MCB.
- Battery Type: Although, the battery is not provided with this package but the inverter supports wide range of battery (12V) like flat plate, VRLA (SMF) & tubular type.
It is one of the best inverter for home for heavy duty usage with less power consumption. With the pure sine-wave , its many useful features and if clubbed with a good battery it will run at it’s optimum capacity.
- Digital display of power backup in hours and minutes.
- Comes with 32 bit digital signal processor (DSP).
- Noiseless operation.
- Input mains protection through MCB.
- Easy to install, durable and value for money.
- Poor customer service.
- Some reports on less intensity of display monitor and sound from cooling fan when power has gone.
2. V-Guard Prime 1150 UPS Inverter – best inverter for home
V-Guard is a very well known brand in the Indian market for its electrical appliances . This premium brand from India is more popular for its inverter and UPS line-up. Being one of the best inverter in India , it works on pure digital sine-wave output UPS that has all the modern features in terms of protection, safety and usability.
It can power all the electrical appliances such as TV’s, refrigerators, coolers, chimneys, music system, fans, etc. without interruption even on power outages.
You can also use High-Performance Selection Switch to use it with your all sophisticated devices. This feature can provide additional power, better performance and extra protection. Depending on the battery capacity, the battery recharging time is close to 12 hours.
It is built similar to other sine wave UPS systems. This UPS has a flat structure along with a big LED display panel for notifications and alerts. The product comes with 2 years of warranty right out of the box.
- Battery water topping reminder: There is a unique battery water topping alert so as to prevent any hassles that are quite common with normal inverters.
- Dual-mode operation: one is the normal mode for domestic usage and UPS mode for computer usage.
- Mute Buzzer Option: Comes with an app with the help of which you can completely mute alerts, beeps and buzzers.
- Battery Gravity Builder: This feature actually enhances the longevity and health of your battery.
Protection: Provides protection against overload, short-circuit, surge, high and low mains, battery deep discharge/overcharge, temperature etc.
So if you were looking for Heavy-Duty Inverter and low power consumption , then this V-Guard Prime 1150 UPS is the right choice for you. V-Guard is obviously one of the best inverter company in the market and it’s inverter is one of the best inverter in India with all latest features.
- Big LED display along with video and audio indicators
- Performance selection switch
- Good build quality
- Superior performance across all home appliances
- Useful maintenance reminder like battery top-up
- Total protection against surges, overloads etc
- Some reports on frequent annoying alerts.
- Service quality is not so good.
- Like Our Facebook Page.
3. Microtek UPS Hybrid Inverter – best inverters in india
Talking about one of the most durable and long lasting inverter which can be used both for personal and professional needs, Microtek UPS-Hybrid Inverter comes with an elegant design and ergonomic design.
It is a pure sine-wave inverter with hybrid technology and made with plastic material. It comes with a 12 VDC battery system with 950 VA rated capacity and 760 W output power.
It is also compatible with AC electronic devices and prevents fluctuations .The Microtek stabilizer provide high performance with power saving technology and thereby makes it energy efficient.
The Microtek inverter comes with a 2-year warranty. It has around 5 to 6 hours of battery back up. It comes with dimensions of 35.6 X 51.6 X 38.1 cm and weighs about 9.8 kg and has copper transformer winding.
- Digital Display: The advanced 7 segment digital display will indicate both input and output voltage.
- IBGM Technology: Intelli Battery Gravity Management technology will increase battery life and its performance by maintaining correct battery gravity.
- PWM Technology: Pulse Width Modulation will provide the steady output voltage irrespective of the load for protection of appliance. The PWM controlled multistage ATM (automatic trickle mode) charging.
- Hybrid Technology: This hybrid technology will operate the inverter noiseless and enhance better performance with longer backups and battery life.
- Bypass Switch: Used to provide a continuous supply even in case of UPS failure.
The Microtek Inverter is best in performance and quality with a single battery system and undoubtedly provides best value for money.
- It is durable and long lasting.
- It cut the grid supply automatically while power cuts and fluctuations.
- Delivers the pure sine-wave output.
- Comes with hybrid, IBGM & PWM controlled technologies.
- Charge the battery by switching with modes of standard of 10 Amps and fast charging (14 Amps)
- The battery back-up is not up to the mark.
- A little bit noisy while operating.
4. Luminous 2 Kva UPS Inverter
Luminous is a global leader for inverter UPS systems as they are known to provide all the modern feature-rich systems. This Luminous 2 kva UPS Inverter comes with a powerful digital sine wave output system. With 1600 Watts/2000 Va of rated power, this is an ultra heavy duty inverter that needs double battery support.
It can easily power heavy duty appliances such as geysers, air conditioners, refrigerators and can also be used for commercial purposes. It comes with Adaptive Battery charging control system technology, termed as ABCC. This offers faster battery charging and also enhances battery life. It offers complete protection from surges, short-circuits, battery overcharge/deep charge and reverse polarity etc.
A full recharge can take up to 10-12 hours minimum.In terms of design, this one is bulky and obviously weights higher than normal inverters. The company offers 2 years of warranty with this product.
- Intelligent Battery Charging: ABCC(Adaptive Battery charging control system ) also helps in intelligent battery charging which in turn boosts battery performance.
- Noiseless operation: Thanks to a pure sine wave output, it offers noiseless operation and increased protection on all connected appliances.
- Intuitive Display: Clear display showing battery level, charging, mains availability, alerts and notifications.
- Advanced battery management: Comes with ABCC for enhanced battery life and performance.
Luminous 2 Kva UPS Inverter can be good choice for those people who want heavy duty inverter and can afford a costly inverter. Keep in mind; you will need 2 batteries rated between 120 Ah – 220 Ah to power this inverter. Overall, a simple yet effective inverter with intelligent battery charging and management capabilities!
- Complete protection against surges and overloads
- 2 years warranty
- Extremely powerful–1600 watts/2000 Va of power
- ABCC technology for improved battery life and charging
- Noiseless operation
- Comparatively expensive
5. Amaron Hi Back Up Pure Sine Wave UPS
If you are looking for an affordable sine wave inverter , then Amaron Hi Backup Pure Sine Wave UPS is the right choice for you. It is capable of handling all kinds of appliances.
Being a pure sine-wave inverter and works on 704 W and 880 VA capacity, it offers excellent power backup for all appliances which are running with this inverter. The inverter allows appliances run for a longer time so you can relief from humid and stagnant power cuts.
This product comes with 2 years warranty along with dimensions of about 12 x 12 x 8 cm and weighs 8.2 kg. It has a battery backup of 4 hours.
- Copper Transformer: The inverter with copper transformer will enhance the longevity of inverter by enhancing the battery back-up and thereby reduces the power consumption.
- Unique i-charge Technology: This feature is used to optimize the battery life in which you can choose the quick charge or normal charge mode as per the frequency of power cuts in your area.
- Protection: Provides protection to the inverter against short circuits and overload.
- Quick Charge / Power Saving: With pure sine-wave output, the inverter can be charged efficiently and quickly. Here the battery comes with high power factor and thereby reduces the quantity of power needed to charge the battery (12V and supports 180 AH). Also, it alerts you when there is a low battery signal.
If you were looking for a budget friendly inverter for your home or office then Amaron is the best inverter for home available to you. Comes at affordable price with all the essential features for overall performance and protection.
- Good built quality.
- Overload alarm will protect the inverter by reseting it automatically.
- Copper transformer to enhance the longevity of inverter and battery backup.
- Quick charging with less power consumption.
- Reported customer service issues